"ROOT SPORTS COLORADO LOTTERY PICK 3 CONTEST" SWEEPSTAKES ("OFFICIAL RULES") NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS IN COLORADO, UTAH, WYOMING, IDAHO, NEW MEXICO, SOUTH DAKOTA, NEBRASKA, KANSAS AND NEVADA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF APRIL 29, 2013.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The ROOT SPORTS Colorado Lottery Pick 3 Contest (the "Sweepstakes") begins on April 29, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. Mountain Time ("MT") and ends on June 30, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. MT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of DIRECTV Sports Net Rocky Mountain, LLC, 2399 Blake Street, Suite 130, Denver, CO 80205, (the "Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal U.S. residents in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, New Mexico, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Nevada, eighteen (18) years of age or older are eligible to enter. Potential winners of the Sweepstakes may be required to show proof of residency. Persons in the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize in the Sweepstakes: (a) Sponsor and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, dealers, service agencies and independent contractors, and each of its respective directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"); (b) persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes; and (c) persons who are immediate family members (defined as spouse or biological or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, or son and each of their respective spouses) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, and/or individuals who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. The transfer of a prize from an ineligible to an eligible person is strictly prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter, text keyword Pick3 followed by a space and your name to 720720. Entrants are responsible for any text message charges that apply. Entries also accepted by submitting your name, address, email and telephone number to the ROOT SPORTS Rocky Mountain office located at 2399 Blake Street, Suite 130, Denver, CO 80205. Mail or in-person drop off entries will be accepted from April 29, 2013 through June 30, 2013 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday only. Submissions through mail will not be returned. Limit one (1) on-line entry per person and limit one (1) mail or in-person drop off entry per person. By submitting an e-mail to the above-referenced email address in connection with the Sweepstakes, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, entrant may be automatically opted-in to receive email or other communications from Sponsor and/or Sponsor affiliates, including but not limited to communication from www.rootsports.com or any other Sponsor-affiliated website. Entrants may subsequently opt-out of the receipt of such email or communications by following the directions in the email. Entrant’s participation or chances to win this Sweepstakes will not depend on remaining on any of Sponsor’s opt-in email lists.
If a dispute as to the identity of any entrant cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries or the use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. All information must be provided to be eligible to win. Information collected in connection with this Sweepstakes will be used by Sponsor in accordance with its own respective online privacy practices. All eligible entries that are received will be entered for a chance to win. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Void where prohibited.
4. SELECTION AND WINNER NOTIFICATION: There will be eighteen (18) random drawings during the Sweepstakes Period, each drawing for one (1) winner from the eligible entries received between 12:01 am on April 29, 2013 and 11:59 pm on June 30, 2013. Such drawings will be conducted by Sponsor or its designee, using randomization methods selected by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. The potential winner(s) will be notified by telephone using the information given at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, the potential winner does not respond within two (2) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor will successively attempt to contact up to two (2) potential winners of the prize in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner of the prize in question after such attempts have been made, the prizes may go unawarded.
5. PRIZES/ODDS: Eighteen (18) prizes of one (1) Pick 3 stress ball, one (1) Pick 3 caribiner, one (1) grocery tote bag, one (1) ROOT SPORTS t-shirt and one (1) ROOT SPORTS pen. Total approximate retail value of each prize is $7.00. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, and is non-changeable by winner(s) and will be deemed void if sold, transferred, auctioned or assigned to any third party.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: The prize winner(s) shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize including but not limited to travel and parking and may be issued a 1099 IRS tax form. The potential winner(s) and their respective guests will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, "Prize Claim Documents"). If the potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within three (3) days of prize notification, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If Sponsor so elects, a potential prize winner may be required to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. No substitution or cash redemption allowed except by Sponsor, who may substitute any prize for a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable.
7. GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE/FORCE MAJEURE: Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use winner's and winner's guest(s) name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Entrants and their designees, assignees and predecessors and successors in interest, agree that the Sweepstakes Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants' acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes or any particular Sweepstakes drawing is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor's control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes or particular Sweepstakes drawing as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes or a particular Sweepstakes drawing as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes in its entirety or the affected Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes or a particular Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winner, or remaining winner, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Colorado and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local law regulations.
8. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST: To obtain a copy of any legally-required list of name of Winner and/or Official Rules, send your request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to Colorado Lottery Pick 3 Contest, 2399 Blake Street, Suite 130, Denver, CO 80205. All such requests must be received by September 30, 2013.